Uzès / Half Day Workshops
French Summer 2018
Half day culinary workshops in Uzès (no accommodation).
Peta resides in the gorgeous medieval town of Uzès in the South of France (half an hour from Avignon) from mid April until the end of September, where she hosts half day culinary workshops.
Market day, (Wednesday and Saturday) is the best day to do a cooking class as Peta can take you around the market. Other days are possible – please contact Peta below to arrange.
You begin your culinary workshop at the market at 9am. Whilst shopping for your ingredients, Peta introduces you to the stall holders, then you have a hands-on cooking class of seasonal and Southern French recipes until 1pm, when you lunch with local wines. The class takes place in Peta's brand new purpose built kitchen and finishes at approximately 2pm.
The cost is Euro 130 per person and everything is included (maximum of eight people please).
Below are examples of recipes you might cook:
- Saussoun - mint, anchovy and almond spread
- Pissaladière - onion, anchovy and black olive tart
- Grande Aioli - aioli with all the trimmings - salt cod, langoustine, eggs and vegetables
- Tarte Fine aux Tomates - slow roasted tomato tart
- Courgette flowers stuffed with fish mousse and steamed
- Lamb rack with mustard, lavender and goat cheese
- Chocolate and almond cake
- Lemon and almond tart
- Fig clafoutis - flan
- Strawberries in Pastis and pepper
Fill in the form below to contact Peta directly to find out more.
For further info on travelling and eating in France see Peta's book French Toast.
Read about some of Peta's top Uzès picks in NZ Life & Leisure Magazine May/June 2016.